Sarah Maria Lakin
Sarah Maria Lakin was born on April 8, 1829, in Ohio. At that time her father, William P. Lakin, was 37 and her mother, Sarah Bretney, was 31. She married Charles Coleman Parker on October 4, 1853, in Ohio. She studied at Clermont Academy in Point Pleasant, Ohio.
Sarah Maria Lakin died on December 5, 1888, in Fayette, Iowa, at the age of 59. She was buried at Grandview Cemetery.
Sarah Maria Lakin and Charles Coleman Parker had six children:
- William Lakin Parker, 1855-1855
- Daniel Mason Parker, 1856-1934
- Charles Lucius Parker, 1859-1924
- Sarah Priscilla Parker, 1863-1870
- Caroline Ritchey Parker, 1865-1880
- James Donaldson Parker, 1868-1947
Sarah Maria Lakin had ten siblings:
- George Tobias Lakin, 1817-1843
- Elizabeth Sinnard Lakin, 1818-1891
- Nancy Bretney Lakin, 1821-1866
- Rebecca Jane Lakin, 1823-1903
- Solomon N. Lakin, 1825- ?
- John Solomon Lakin, 1826-1861
- William Benjamin Lakin, 1831-1910
- Martha Ann Lakin, 1833-1837
- Joseph Henry Lakin, 1836-1837
- James Henry Lakin, 1838-1922